We have been in business since 1997. Job security is one of our key priorities as a company and this is demonstrated by the many long-serving personnel who continue being part of our growing team. We believe in family values and working well as a team to deliver excellence to our customers.
Are you a perfect fit for us?
We are driven by innovation in industry so if you are too, you’d be a good fit. You will need to bring enthusiasm and a strong work ethic to further strengthen our team.
If you would like the opportunity to work for one of our group of companies, please use the ‘Apply’ link below to send us the following:
- Covering letter which includes the following:
- the role you’d like to be considered for
- a summary of why you’re suited to the role
- up to date contact details
- Your CV
Machinist – Full time 37.5 hrs
AC Valve Alliance is expanding our experienced machining team. We’re looking for an outstanding individual with high-quality work to match our high standards.
As a vital part of the machining team, you will have an active role in ensuring our customers’ requirements are met.
Location: Coalville, Leicestershire.
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
Reporting to: Workshop Supervisor
• Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand the specifications of output.
• Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job.
• Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping.
• Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job.
• Determine and program the size of batches, speed of the machine etc.
• Monitor the machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues.
• Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects.
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
• Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages.
Other General Duties
• The warehouse is to be maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
• Ensure Health and Safety regulations are maintained. Contribute to the on-going improvement and development of the company’s H&S.
• Ensure that the equipment & tooling are maintained in clean and good working order.
• Stock locations to be maintained and incoming stock to be put away in
designated locations. Carry out checking of stock levels and stock records on an on-going basis.
• Ensure that we operate within our environmental policy and organise relevant recycling in the logistics department.
• You may be asked to assist the quality department in other duties.
• You may be requested to assist in the workshop as necessary.
• Loading and unloading of vehicles (when suitability qualified and authorised to do so on the forklift trucks).
Qualifications & Skills:
• On the job, training will be given on our in-house systems and processes. Ideally, you will already have previous experience working in an engineering environment.
• You will be given full product training on our valve and automation products, previous experience in the Engineering industry would be an advantage.
• Where necessary we will provide external training to help you develop in this role.
• Knowledge of CNC programming.
• Experience working on XYZ CNC Lathe or DMG Mori NLX2500.
Experienced in the valve and engineering industry?
A high proportion of our team members have joined our group because of previous relevant experience. Our ongoing commitment to quality means we are always keen to hear from people able to add even more skills and experience to our team.
You’ll be experienced in a role within the valve or engineering industry and be familiar with working as part of a busy team. As a growing company we periodically have vacancies available. It’s always worth sending over your CV.